Wildwood Cottages is a new lakefront vacation home community on a former campground developed in the 1940’s. It is situated on the south side of Lake Whatcom, midway between Bellingham and Sedro Woolley. It is located 12 miles southeast of Bellingham WA, about 35 miles south of British Columbia’s Lower Mainland and 90 miles north of Seattle WA.
“This family friendly secure community is one of the best sites on Lake Whatcom, and features 1,800 linear feet of prime, low-bank lake frontage with a high-quality beach with a total size of 14 acres.”
The site’s elevation rises moderately from the lakeshore, and the interior portion of the site includes towering mature trees.
This second-home community consists of 90 for-sale detached cabin and cottage units. Wildwood Resort offers the following amenities:
- A marina with 34 wet slips, several transient slips for day use, and 15 permanent mooring buoys, with wet slips
- Onsite manager with 24 hour security
- Fuel dock, which is the only such service on the lake
- Boat ramp
- Clubhouse with an indoor meeting area, fitness center and game room
- Picnic shelter with a fireplace, sitting area, and surrounding grills and picnic tables
- Outdoor fire pits, pool, and hot tub
- Tennis/sport court
- Kids’ playground;
- Shower, mailroom, laundry and washroom facility near the lakeshore
- Loop Trail
- Guest Yurts